Sunday, January 15, 2006

Five Star Evening

For our date Friday night (rememeber the kid's are staying with the Grand-ma) we went to dinner at Albert's Provence. This is a French restaurant that is so delicious. This was our first time eating there, and it was such a wonderful experience. The menu offers everything; chicken, steak, various types of fish, lamb and duck. Not a single pork dish was on the menu. Pork is not something that I eat, but I did find it odd that it wasn't offered. I know that the menu changes quite a bit, so maybe on another night it would have pork, but I won't order it.
Our waitress was French as well, but not your stereotypical rude French waiter. Her name was Michelle and she was SO nice; very friendly and informative. She spoke with a heavy French accent, and by looking at her you know she is ethnic is some way. I guessed Moroccan, and Jason said Arabian, like an Iraqi. Who was right? I was! She is Moroccan, and they speak French in Morocco. Yea me!
So this is what we ordered:
Lobster Bisque to start off, with a sliced tomato and mozzerella cheese salad and a smoked salmon plate that came with toasted baguette slices and cream cheese. If that didn't fill us up (it did), we had the entree's next. I ordered the almond crusted Canadian sole, that came with rice, green beans, carrots, and a squash and asparagus csserole. The veggies had some sweet sauce drizzled over them that I couldn't get enough of, and the sole was so yummy. The almond crust added a crunch to the soft texture of the fish. It was heaven on Earth.
Jason ordered-- at the recommendation of our waitress-- the special of the night, the Chilean Sea Bass. That came with ginger boiled "baby" potatoes, carrots and green beans with the same sweet sauce on them and more of the casserole. The sea bass, which I took some bites of, was delicious as well...very tender and flavorful and it's appearance was white and dense, reminded me of a steak, like it was a white steak. It was a totally different flavor than the sole, but both were equally heavenly.
We were definitely full after our entree's. I had to take half of my entree home. I won't say what the bill was, but it was worth every penny. We enjoy treating ourselves to fancy dinners. We have a taste for the divine.
A couple hours later we went to a local coffee shop and had some dessert coffee and played Scrabble. The coffee shop has book shelves where you can choose a book to read or a board game to play while you enjoy your coffee. When it's warm outside, there are live musicians on the deck outside.

What did we do in between dinner and dessert?
We went to the mall to check out a movie but nothing was playing we wanted to see, so we shopped. I got some clothes and Jason some shoes.
I must say it was a perfect evening.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you had a great time. Sounds like you celebrated something...

Mom said...

No, we weren't celebrating anything but a night free of kids.

Now, where can we go for Valentine's Day?

Unknown said...

why don't you eat pork?

Unknown said...

at home I wash meat, even hamburgar (after it is ccoked). for a while our boss' decided it was against our religion to eat pork, but they got over that one quickly....I won't go into whether or not it is biblical, but I tend not to eat pork in restrauants either, generally only if I cook it. Seems to me though cows, fish and generally all things that we eat are just as nasty. That's why we cook it, to kill all the germs. Even veggies.....animals tend to lift their legs to them, so they are natsty too.

Mom said...

Pigs are the worst...they eat their own do-do....then you eat them....you are what you eat.

My Page

Powered By Blogger