Friday, January 20, 2006

Eat Oink Then Be Sick

In response as to why I do not eat pork, as left in the comments of my previous post....
Pork is just dirty to me. Pigs are filthy: unclean, eat everything, pathogen-laden, glorified beasts.

To me anyway.

You may get sick form eating other meats, but there is a pathogen that pork carries which will kill you within a few hours if you should consume it. It's called trichinosis. Other meats generally make just you sick, but you'll most likely recover. I do not trust anyone to cook pork to well done, so I just refuse it.
Bacon and sausage and ham; cured meats-- are better than pork chops and ribs and such, but all that salt and fat used to cure it is not good for you. I just stay away.

To each his own though.

Romans 14 offers a good explanation for how we should eat.

vs. 14. As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself.
But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

This chapter goes on and on about eating and not eating, but the red line explains my feelings.

In other news:

I am sick again. I finally went to the doctor yesterday, since I keep getting what I thought was sinus infections that would go away then come back over and over again. And again.
I do have a sinus infection, and a respiratory infection...caused by allergies. I got some antibiotics to clear it all up, but I feel pretty bad. Obviously, my body wasn't able to handle the infections as it kept getting better, then worse, better, then worse...boom boom boom....sick, well, sick ,well..

I'm sick of feeling sick, so maybe I will get it all out and start feeling like myself again soon.

I probably should have a stick test done to see what I am allergic too.. This has been going on for years.

Have a good weekend everyone! Stay warm and eat good food!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes I agree, you need to find out what you are allergic to and fix it. Could be something very simple. I hope that you feel much better soon!

My Page

Powered By Blogger