Thursday, January 12, 2006

My week

Monday: After I dropped off Aaron at Pre-K, I went to a body-sculpting class at the gym.
Then they grocery store, then I babysat for my friend Kirsten. She has a 3 year old little girl named Noelle, (she also has a son Ben's age, but he was at school). Noelle is sweet and beautiful.
I went to Sherwin- WIlliams (ask how, ask now) and inquired about their "oops" paint. You know, mistints or orders not wanted. I am painting a 10 by 7 room in our garage that will be our Christmas closet. This room is SO dirty , so I am cleaning it up and painting it to have it be fresh. I looked at the "oops" paint and he has two gallons, one red and one light blue. I like the colors, so I said how much for them?? 5 cents!! Can't beat that! I spend 10 cents on 2 gallons of paint. I'm using the red in the closet and I'm saving the blue because I want to do a ceiling in a bedroom or my dining room blue.
Also today, Jason has confirmed that we ARE going to Las Vegas in February. We weren't going to go due to finances, but he learned that his production for his company for the year had allowed us three free nights at the hotel Ceaser's Palace...and we had enough points on our credit card to cash in for flight miles that our plane ride would be free! So due to those breaks, we can go! We are lining up a helicopter tour over Hoover Dam and down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, with money saved on hotel and plane tickets, which won't cost THAT much. Micah will be going too...I'm hoping to meet an e-pal I have that lives in Arizona, and I know my Aunt Gail wants to come as well....

Tuesday: I started painting the closet while the kids were at school. I got half of it done before I had to pick them up. I was using a brush instead of a roller because of all the built in shelves in the closet. I am painting everything out in the same color...it looks so much better already! I will paint the concrete floor and ceiling as well. I'll keep going back to get the "oops" paint. I don't care what color they are, it's just a nickel and it's just a closet in the garage. Jason said, experiment! Go crazy!
After school, Ben's friend Joey came over to play all afternoon. That always works out well when buddies come over, because then the kids stay occupied with each other and all I have to do is check on them from time to time.

Wednesday, after my morning Pilates class, I finished up the red paint.
Then it was just me and Aaron because Ben was at his friend's Pierce's house. I Walked over to pick him up at 4:30, then came home at 5:30 after hanging out with Pierce's mom, Susan. Then we ate dinner and went to bed.

Thursday: (today) I have nothing planned today, so I agreed to keep Noelle again. You may think,"Why? Your morning is free!!!" Well, I just love her, and I don't have a little girl, so I enjoy it. She is taking a nap right now.
Ben is going home with Joey today, so he won't be home until his mom drops him off at 5...after Noelle goes home at 3, it's just me and Aaron.

Friday: (tomorrow) I vave bootcamp at my gym (a very intense hour and a half of spinning and weights and push-ups, etc...) then what?? I think I'll go and check out more "oops" paint and begin painting again...try to finish up the closet so I can get my garage organized and clean.
At 3:30...when both boys are home from school, they are going over to Noelle's house to play with her and her brother, Alex. That's right! We traded babysitting! I get a free afternoon and in the evening Jason is taking me to dinner and Gran-ma is picking them up from Noelle and Alex's house and spending the night with her.

Saturday: I pick up the kids in the morning, and then Ben is going to the museum with Pierce for Pierce's birthday party.

No more plans now..

What a busy eventful week, I think...

Thank God for all my blessings, my family and friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I would love to go to the Grand Canyon (I don't care anything about going to Las Vegas), I won't be able to go right now. I don't have flyer miles, nor free nights at the hotel. I might could afford the helicopter ride and lunch.....but I would also want my husband there, and I've been thinking.....do I really want to spend money on a trip? I really want to start saving for a down payment on a house. Next Nov. (2007) our "big" bill will be paid off so we will be able to buy a house. Speaking of that, I hope that Jason will be able to make us some more money to go towards that goal. I have a few "little" bills that I am working on to pay off in the next couple of months.

I am proud that you are going. Have fun! Be safe!

Unknown said...

I've heard of that Pilates...is it good? I don't know if we have any of those classes here. My contract ends at Curves in May, I might try something else.

My Page

Powered By Blogger