Saturday, January 21, 2006

I'm not ready for this





Today was a very eventful day for Ben. First, he got the hang of balancing and rode his bike. With NO TRAINING WHEELS. He spent a couple hours just making circles in the cul de sac behind our house. Look ma, no training wheels! As you can see in the photos.
Jason taught him. Good Dad!

Second thing for Ben happened while we were at our neighbor's house this evening playing cards..Ben and Aaron are watching a movie and Ben gets up and comes in the kitchen where we are and says..."I got a loose tooth!"

I don't know why this saddens me. He is sure excited about it. He keeps wiggling it with his finger. That grosses me out. But to know his baby teeth are now starting to come out makes me feel....sad. I don't know why. I knew it was going to happen. I even questioned his dentist as to why it hadn't happened yet. And now it has. And it makes me sad.
I'll post a photo of him when the tooth comes out.

Jason looks at these events as happy times. I look at them as sadness. I want him to stay little and in my care and his life is controlled by me and it's slowly slipping away from me. If I feel like this now, how will I feel when they both start to drive?

We also registered Ben for his second season of T-Ball.

Aaron is still my "baby".....I bet when these things happen for Aaron, it will really get to me.

I'm just not ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is so cute on his "big boy bike" You might as well get used to them. The way that you care for him now will start showing itself in his future. Try not to feel sad....

My Page

Powered By Blogger