Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lamb Lollipops

Yesterday was our 10th wedding anniversay. 10 years of being married. :)
To celebrate, we went out for drinks and dinner.
After leaving the kids with their Gran-ma for the evening, and an overnight stay (Zemi's first overnight away from me):
First stop was downtown to a place called One O One...a very retro bar and restaurant. We had a drink at the bar while waiting on a table for dinner, but decided to go to another place for dinner. We just finished our drinks, taking our time, something unusal for me. There was no rush to get done and get back to the babysitter, so...I drank my espresso martini and ate my crab cake with pineapple chutney and Jason had his Blue Moon beer, and we moved on to ...
The Winery, a wine bar here locally, they make their own wine, and also have an extensive list of other wines and imported beers. Really nice place. I had a Deco, which is a Port infused with chocolate, OMG so good! and Jason had a German beer called Stagen (?) ..we waited here for our table next door at Tapas, which is a small restaurant and has excellent food!! I ordered Lamb Lollipops, it was called, little chops with a pomegranate sauce and couscous on the side. (you can see a photo of that under the Tapas link on my sidebar, go to Photos once you're there, all the way on the bottom, 2nd from right). Jason had a seafood paella. Appetizers were coconut crusted calamari, and brochette (bread with a tomato relish type topping)...Dessert was red velevt cake, just like our own wedding cake was 10 years ago. At this point, it's already 10 PM. by 11 PM we were home and just passed out.
This morning, we rolled out of bed at 9:30! A late start..after getting dressed, we went to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel, my favorite breakfast place...and then at Noon, on to get the kids.
All of this (up until Noon today) was like a sampling of married life with no children for me. I hardly EVER get to go out like I did last night. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. And I wish I could do it more often.

So 10 years of marriage to a great man. I love you Jason.

No comments:

My Page

Powered By Blogger